In an interview with People, Harington (who plays hero of the North, Jon Snow) shared that his favorite scene with Leslie (who played the wilding Ygritte, who became Jon’s lover) was actually one that broke the hearts of many Game of Thrones fans — when Ygritte dies in Jon’s arms during battle.
“I liked her death. I know, it sounds bizarre,” Harington said. “I thought she nailed that. And it’s the first time in Thrones that slow motion was used and I think it’s a beautiful, cradling moment as this battle is raging in the background. It was one of those incredible shots.”
Relationship speculation circulated around Harington and Leslie since 2012, but the couple officially confirmed that they were an item in 2016. They later became engaged in 2017 and then tied the knot in summer of 2018.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org