As one of the six world influencers featured on the cover of this year’s TIME 100 issues, Taylor Swift was a highly-anticipated presence at the TIME 100 gala.
Before performing at Tuesday night’s ceremony honoring the 2019 TIME 100 honorees, Swift hit the red carpet in a sweeping pale pink and pastel yellow off-the-shoulder J. Mendel gown and a jeweled headband.
“It’s TIME. #time100” she captioned a snapshot of herself in the embroidered full-skirted gown posted before the event.
This marks Swift’s first public appearance since she made headlines with a countdown clock.
With her record-breaking Reputation stadium tour barely in the rearview mirror, Swift has fueled fan speculation that she’s on the verge of releasing new music by turning her website, TaylorSwift.com, into a countdown clock to April 26 and posting a series of Instagram photos captioned with the date “4.26.”
In a tribute to Swift for the TIME 100 issue, fellow pop star Shawn Mendes praised her ability to connect with her millions of fans. “Taylor makes the job of creating music for millions of people look easy,” he wrote. “It all comes from her—her belief in magic and love, and her ability to be as honest and raw as possible. She’s the master of putting the perfect amount of thought into not overthinking, and that’s why her music connects so well.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror