According to Twitter, Bran Stark was the top trend during the season 8 premiere of Game of Thrones on Sunday night and for those who watched the Three-Eyed Raven level his stoic and preternaturally calm stare on just about everyone in that first episode, it’s not hard to see why.
In every interaction, from seeing his long-lost brother Jon Snow to encountering Jaime Lannister, Bran keeps a stolid, if bland stare fixated on everyone he meets and speaks to, notably unruffled, even as he predicts the urgency of demise for many — an energy that some might find disturbing, but that many on the Internet found to be downright hilarious. In fact, in spite of lots of other exciting developments for the main players in Westeros (Jon Snow finding out who his true father is! Drogon getting jealous about Jon and Daeny’s makeout! Jon’s emotional reunion with Arya!), it seems that the thing that most captured the interest of the Internet, was Bran’s unemotional visage, which became the ultimate meme of Westeros by the end of the finals season’s first episode.
While the fate of Bran and the rest of the Starks as is unclear as Game of Thrones draws to a close, here are some of the best Bran memes to keep you smiling as the White Walkers come inevitably closer.
Many Game of Thrones fans found Bran’s unbreaking stare slightly bizarre.
While others saw his observant nature as an interest in the tensions around him.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time