According to Twitter, Bran Stark was the top trend during the season 8 premiere of Game of Thrones on Sunday night and for those who watched the Three-Eyed Raven level his stoic and preternaturally calm stare on just about everyone in that first episode, it’s not hard to see why.
In every interaction, from seeing his long-lost brother Jon Snow to encountering Jaime Lannister, Bran keeps a stolid, if bland stare fixated on everyone he meets and speaks to, notably unruffled, even as he predicts the urgency of demise for many — an energy that some might find disturbing, but that many on the Internet found to be downright hilarious. In fact, in spite of lots of other exciting developments for the main players in Westeros (Jon Snow finding out who his true father is! Drogon getting jealous about Jon and Daeny’s makeout! Jon’s emotional reunion with Arya!), it seems that the thing that most captured the interest of the Internet, was Bran’s unemotional visage, which became the ultimate meme of Westeros by the end of the finals season’s first episode.
While the fate of Bran and the rest of the Starks as is unclear as Game of Thrones draws to a close, here are some of the best Bran memes to keep you smiling as the White Walkers come inevitably closer.
Many Game of Thrones fans found Bran’s unbreaking stare slightly bizarre.
While others saw his observant nature as an interest in the tensions around him.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now