The John Wick actor was traveling from San Francisco to Burbank in Los Angeles when his United flight was forced to make an unexpected landing in Bakersfield. In video footage captured by his fellow passengers, Reeves is seen taking initiative to help revise travel plans, eventually boarding a van with other passengers — because at that point, driving to Los Angeles was faster than flying.
Some of the passengers’ videos show that Reeves obviously believes in the longtime road trip missive that “getting there is half the fun”: during the bus ride, Reeves humorously read fun facts about Bakersfield to his fellow passengers, before using his phone and YouTube to play them a selection of music that was native to Bakersfield (country music that was created in the 1950s in and around the farming town). Later, after they reached their destination, Reeves was spotted heading to a Carl’s Jr., perhaps looking for a snack after his long day of travel.
One thing’s for certain after this eventful trip: if you’re looking for a road trip buddy, Keanu Reeves should be on the top of your list.
See the best footage of Reeves in transit below.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This