“After careful review of recent developments, we have made the decision to end the Sephora Collection partnership with Olivia Jade, effective immediately,” Sephora said in a statement to TIME.
Giannulli, a social media influencer who has 1.4 million followers on Instagram, had previously posted sponsored Instagram posts for the company and collaborated with the cosmetics giant on an exclusive makeup palette.
On Tuesday, U. S. investigators charged Giannulli’s parents, Full House actress Lori Loughlin and fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, with agreeing to pay a total of $500,000 in bribes, according to the criminal complaint in order to get Olivia, 19, and her older sister, Isabella, 20, to be “designated as recruits” for the crew team at USC, to help with their admission to the school.
Loughlin and Giannulli were two of 50 other people indicted by federal prosecutors for allegedly using bribes to get their children admitted to elite universities.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up