“After careful review of recent developments, we have made the decision to end the Sephora Collection partnership with Olivia Jade, effective immediately,” Sephora said in a statement to TIME.
Giannulli, a social media influencer who has 1.4 million followers on Instagram, had previously posted sponsored Instagram posts for the company and collaborated with the cosmetics giant on an exclusive makeup palette.
On Tuesday, U. S. investigators charged Giannulli’s parents, Full House actress Lori Loughlin and fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, with agreeing to pay a total of $500,000 in bribes, according to the criminal complaint in order to get Olivia, 19, and her older sister, Isabella, 20, to be “designated as recruits” for the crew team at USC, to help with their admission to the school.
Loughlin and Giannulli were two of 50 other people indicted by federal prosecutors for allegedly using bribes to get their children admitted to elite universities.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart