Katy Perry wore Balmain couture when she performed with Dolly Parton at the 2019 Grammy Awards—but on Twitter people were wondering if she perhaps was wearing Hostess? Or maybe Duncan-Hines? Or was that artisanal cotton candy?
The artist’s bell-shaped, confectionary-pink, voluminous, micro-ruffled dress from Balmain’s spring 2019 couture collection had people buzzing online. While Perry’s hair and makeup were widely praised by Grammy watchers, the French fashion house’s design reminded people of Hostess Sno Balls, pop-up party decorations a pastry, a tumbler, Barbie’s dream birthday cake, Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants, a paint roller, cupcake liners, and more. The singer has been known to make bold fashion choices in the past, so she is undoubtedly well aware of the risks in pushing the boundaries of fashion.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022