Katy Perry wore Balmain couture when she performed with Dolly Parton at the 2019 Grammy Awards—but on Twitter people were wondering if she perhaps was wearing Hostess? Or maybe Duncan-Hines? Or was that artisanal cotton candy?
The artist’s bell-shaped, confectionary-pink, voluminous, micro-ruffled dress from Balmain’s spring 2019 couture collection had people buzzing online. While Perry’s hair and makeup were widely praised by Grammy watchers, the French fashion house’s design reminded people of Hostess Sno Balls, pop-up party decorations a pastry, a tumbler, Barbie’s dream birthday cake, Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants, a paint roller, cupcake liners, and more. The singer has been known to make bold fashion choices in the past, so she is undoubtedly well aware of the risks in pushing the boundaries of fashion.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate