Katy Perry wore Balmain couture when she performed with Dolly Parton at the 2019 Grammy Awards—but on Twitter people were wondering if she perhaps was wearing Hostess? Or maybe Duncan-Hines? Or was that artisanal cotton candy?
The artist’s bell-shaped, confectionary-pink, voluminous, micro-ruffled dress from Balmain’s spring 2019 couture collection had people buzzing online. While Perry’s hair and makeup were widely praised by Grammy watchers, the French fashion house’s design reminded people of Hostess Sno Balls, pop-up party decorations a pastry, a tumbler, Barbie’s dream birthday cake, Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants, a paint roller, cupcake liners, and more. The singer has been known to make bold fashion choices in the past, so she is undoubtedly well aware of the risks in pushing the boundaries of fashion.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement