A Russian commercial flight heading for Moscow made an emergency landing Tuesday after a drunk man attempted to hijack the plane, CNN reports.
According to Aeroflot, all passengers and crew safely deplaned the Boeing 737-8LJ safely in the western Siberian town of Khanty-Mansiy, and the suspect was detained.
Some 15 minutes after departing from the Siberian city of Surgut (at 12:55pm Moscow time), Aeroflot flight SU1515 changed course due to the demands of a passenger, according to FlightRadar24.
According to state news agency TASS, local law enforcement said the passenger was intoxicated, CNN reports.
Aeroflot said it arranged a reserve aircraft to take passengers on to Moscow.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow