A Russian commercial flight heading for Moscow made an emergency landing Tuesday after a drunk man attempted to hijack the plane, CNN reports.
According to Aeroflot, all passengers and crew safely deplaned the Boeing 737-8LJ safely in the western Siberian town of Khanty-Mansiy, and the suspect was detained.
Some 15 minutes after departing from the Siberian city of Surgut (at 12:55pm Moscow time), Aeroflot flight SU1515 changed course due to the demands of a passenger, according to FlightRadar24.
According to state news agency TASS, local law enforcement said the passenger was intoxicated, CNN reports.
Aeroflot said it arranged a reserve aircraft to take passengers on to Moscow.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement