Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s latest on-film homage will come from an unexpected place: The Lego Movie sequel.
In a new teaser trailer for The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part released on Sunday, a robe-clad animated lego version of the Notorious RBG yields her gavel. “The team has arrived,” reads the video’s caption on the movie’s Instagram page.
Director Mike Mitchell, whose other animated films include Trolls and Shrek Forever After, told USA Today that the impetus for Justice Ginsburg’s cameo appearance came about from brainstorming “the last person you would think to see in a Lego film.”
“And we’re all huge fans,” Mitchell added. “It made us laugh to think of having her enter this world.”
Along with her appearance in the movie, the Ruth Bader Ginsburg character will be made into a Lego Movie figurine.
Though the Justice wasn’t needed for any voiceover work on the film, the production team reached out to her office for approval. Mitchell told USA Today that Justice Ginsburg thought being immortalized as a Lego figure would be “cool.”
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List