It all began when Senator Chuck Schumer said that Trump threw a temper tantrum after a meeting with him and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. In response, Trump called Schumer “Cryin Chuck” and said the reports were inaccurate.
“I don’t have temper tantrums, I really don’t,” he said. His defensive response seemed to practically invite the jokes from late night television, and Jimmy Kimmel wholeheartedly enjoyed tearing in.
“Nothing says ‘I didn’t throw a temper tantrum,’ like throwing another temper tantrum,” Kimmel cracked before positing that “Donald Trump puts the ‘tan’ in temper tantrum.”
That wasn’t the only material Kimmel had a field day with: while addressing his threat to declare a national emergency if he doesn’t get money for his wall, Trump talked about things being “peachy dory,” a seeming amalgamation of “hunky dory” and “peachy keen.”
Kimmel, for his part, got a movie pitch out of Trump’s new phrase.
“Peachy Dory, of course, is the new movie from Pixar,” Kimmel joked as a graphic of Dory with a Trump combover and a caption that read “From the Creator of The Lyin’ King.”
Watch the full clip below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization