In an incident caught on video, a man was arrested in Gladstone, Oregon, after allegedly trying to steal a bike locked in front of local police headquarters on Thursday.
The man, later identified as Adam Valle, allegedly approached the bike with a pair of bolt cutters, unaware that the attempted crime was in full view of police security cameras, reported KOIN 6, a CBS affiliate in Portland, Oregon.
Two police officers were inside watching the entire act unfold on security monitors. The officers approached Valle with a Taser, and the alleged thief was quickly arrested, reported KOIN 6.
The Gladstone Police Department posted footage of the encounter to its Facebook page. “Suspect arrested for attempting to steal a bike…From the PD!!!!” the department wrote. “SGT Okerman arrested the suspect after confronting him with a Taser.”
Valle, who has been released on bail, now faces 3 separate charges of theft, criminal mischief, and felon possession of a weapon, Gladstone police told TIME. He was also arrested earlier this year under similar circumstances.
Watch the full encounter above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This