In an incident caught on video, a man was arrested in Gladstone, Oregon, after allegedly trying to steal a bike locked in front of local police headquarters on Thursday.
The man, later identified as Adam Valle, allegedly approached the bike with a pair of bolt cutters, unaware that the attempted crime was in full view of police security cameras, reported KOIN 6, a CBS affiliate in Portland, Oregon.
Two police officers were inside watching the entire act unfold on security monitors. The officers approached Valle with a Taser, and the alleged thief was quickly arrested, reported KOIN 6.
The Gladstone Police Department posted footage of the encounter to its Facebook page. “Suspect arrested for attempting to steal a bike…From the PD!!!!” the department wrote. “SGT Okerman arrested the suspect after confronting him with a Taser.”
Valle, who has been released on bail, now faces 3 separate charges of theft, criminal mischief, and felon possession of a weapon, Gladstone police told TIME. He was also arrested earlier this year under similar circumstances.
Watch the full encounter above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving