The spooky trailer for Jordan Peele’s newest work, Us, is out, showing a family vacation that turns terrifying when a group of shadowy figures goes on the attack.
The trailer shows the Wilson family heading to a beach vacation in Northern California. While things are peaceful at first, they go awry after the Wilsons come under attack from the suspicious figures. Known as The Tethered, the scary figures end up being doppelgängers of the whole family — leading to some chill-inducing confusion.
The film, which stars Lupita Nyong’o and Winston Duke, is the second horror installment from Peele, who took home an Academy Award last year for directing Get Out.
The Us trailer, which features the Wilsons coming face to face with the terrifying figures who eerily look like them, prompted funny online reactions as people joked through their fear about facing a doppelgänger.
“I think the main idea that went into writing this film is that we’re our own worst enemy, and that idea created this monster, The Tethered,” Peele told Entertainment Weekly about the film.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at firstname.lastname@example.org