Following her Oval Office meeting with President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer on Tuesday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi became a near-instant meme when she walked out of the White House wearing a burnt orange, high neck peacoat and a pair of sunglasses.
Fans of the apparent power move were quick to throw their support behind Pelosi’s look, which exuded similar vibes as the 2016 viral photo of a sunglasses-wearing Hillary Clinton checking her phone on a plane, captured by TIME’s White House photographers.
“The only thing missing is an explosion behind #Pelosi as she puts on her sunglasses and walks away, like in the movies,” Twitter user Theresa Jennings wrote, adding the hashtag #NeverthelessShePersisted.
Pelosi also made waves on Monday with comments she made to Democrats after returning to the Capitol. “It’s like a manhood thing with him,” she said of Trump’s demand for a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border. “As if manhood could ever be associated with him. This wall thing.”
See some more reactions to Pelosi’s post-meeting look below.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year