Priyanka Chopra’s wedding had many significant touches, including a veil that has captivated the internet.
“Every girl dreams of being a princess on her wedding day,” actress Priyanka Chopra told People and Chopra went all in on her dream when she married Nick Jonas in a weekend-long ceremony at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, India.
While she wore a stunning red lehenga for her Hindu wedding, for the Christian ceremony, Chopra wore a drop-dead gorgeous hand-beaded and embroidered Ralph Lauren gown. It was a beautiful gown that was a little overshadowed for onlookers by the stunning long tulle veil that descended from Chopra’s head and trailed after her for a whopping 75 feet, requiring six assistants to tote behind her.
It was stunning and a powerful image, but also so over-the-top and totally extra that Twitter couldn’t help but turn the veil into a long-running punchline and instant meme. Here are some of the best takes on the veil that never ends:
Correction, Dec. 5:
An earlier version of this story misstated one of the kinds of wedding ceremonies Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas had. It was a Hindu wedding, not a Hindi wedding.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org