Priyanka Chopra’s wedding had many significant touches, including a veil that has captivated the internet.
“Every girl dreams of being a princess on her wedding day,” actress Priyanka Chopra told People and Chopra went all in on her dream when she married Nick Jonas in a weekend-long ceremony at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, India.
While she wore a stunning red lehenga for her Hindu wedding, for the Christian ceremony, Chopra wore a drop-dead gorgeous hand-beaded and embroidered Ralph Lauren gown. It was a beautiful gown that was a little overshadowed for onlookers by the stunning long tulle veil that descended from Chopra’s head and trailed after her for a whopping 75 feet, requiring six assistants to tote behind her.
It was stunning and a powerful image, but also so over-the-top and totally extra that Twitter couldn’t help but turn the veil into a long-running punchline and instant meme. Here are some of the best takes on the veil that never ends:
Correction, Dec. 5:
An earlier version of this story misstated one of the kinds of wedding ceremonies Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas had. It was a Hindu wedding, not a Hindi wedding.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022