In a tweet sent out last Friday afternoon criticizing Robert Mueller and his investigation about Russia’s alleged involvement in the 2016 presidential election, Giuliani writes at length about Trump’s attendance at the G-20 summit, but it appears he put a little less effort into making sure that his tweet had the correct punctuation.
Specifically, he didn’t bother to put a space between the period ending one sentence and the first word of his next sentence — which inadvertently created a hyperlink.
As is wont to happen on the Internet, some internet savvy person saw the creation of this link and a golden opportunity to troll Giuliani and the Trump administration. The URL was purchased and then used to send a single message about how they felt about the president, reading: “Donald J. Trump is a traitor to our country.”
See the tweet below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow