According to 1011 Now, the 26-year-old man drove off the road on early Saturday morning, hitting and uprooting a tree in the front yard of a nearby home before hitting a retaining wall.
An accident report by the Lincoln Police Department notes that the man, who was taken into custody on suspicion of driving under the influence, told officers that he crashed his SUV because his windshield wipers didn’t work, which forced him to drive with his head out of the window, much like Jim Carrey’s titular character did because of a smashed windshield in the 1994 comedy Ace Ventura.
The driver had a BAC of .137 (the legal limit in Nebraska is 0.08); the car was totaled in the accident, causing roughly $500 in damages to the property.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World