According to 1011 Now, the 26-year-old man drove off the road on early Saturday morning, hitting and uprooting a tree in the front yard of a nearby home before hitting a retaining wall.
An accident report by the Lincoln Police Department notes that the man, who was taken into custody on suspicion of driving under the influence, told officers that he crashed his SUV because his windshield wipers didn’t work, which forced him to drive with his head out of the window, much like Jim Carrey’s titular character did because of a smashed windshield in the 1994 comedy Ace Ventura.
The driver had a BAC of .137 (the legal limit in Nebraska is 0.08); the car was totaled in the accident, causing roughly $500 in damages to the property.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate