One would think that actress Kate Mulgrew knows a lot about the universe from her time as a Starfleet ship captain in the science-fiction series Star Trek: Voyager.
But her “expertise” (and, perhaps, sanity?) was thrown into question when her voice was heard narrating a trailer for The Principle, an upcoming documentary that argues for geocentrism, the belief that the sun (as well as the rest of the universe) revolves around Earth.
On Tuesday, the actress took to Facebook to offer an explanation on how she became involved in the film: essentially, she was duped.
In the trailer, Mulgrew tells audiences, “Everything we think we know about our universe is wrong.” Ironically, it now seems she feels every thing she says in the film is wrong.
Mulgrew is not the first person to express regret for involvement in the film. Physicist Lawrence Krauss, who is also featured in the docu, said in an article for Slate that the film took statements he made out of context.
Star Trek: Voyager ran on UPN from 1995 to 2001.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com