Jay Z has made more of his feelings about Kanye West known on a new Meek Mill track.
Jay Z raps a number of lines on the new “What’s Free” track featuring Rick Ross Meek Mill’s Championships that appear to address Kanye West’s news-dominating headlines head on.
There’s been a back-and-forth between the two artists for years that culminated when Jay Z disagreed with Kanye’s political stances. Here, Jay Z doubles down.
Following an unwieldy meeting with President Donald Trump, West vowed he would distance himself from politics. If the “What’s Free” lyrics are any indication, Jay Z has plenty to say.
The rap mogul shared the message he wanted to send with the song in a tweet Monday afternoon.
“The line clearly meant don’t pit me against my brothers no matter what our differences are (red hat) now go pick up Meek album. Drake and Meek on there together.”
That, however, was not the end.
Later in the song, he continued with more apparent allusions, though his target isn’t exactly clear to fans.
The speculation has been swift as fans are dissecting all the possible meanings.
And not everyone is certain that Jay Z is taking aim at Kanye.
Hear the Jay Z lyrics to “What’s Free” below that begin roughly 3 minutes and 40 seconds in below. Warning: the track is profanity-laden.
Feuds are an integral and time-honored part of rap that often drum up hype for new music.
Meek Mill’s album dropped Friday, and it’s the rapper’s first since he was released from prison. His jailing ignited a #FreeMeekMill social media campaign, a number of high-profile endorsements, and elevated a dialogued about systemic racism in the criminal justice system. You can stream Meek’s new album now on all major streaming services, including YouTube, Apple Music and iTunes.
Representatives for both artists did not immediately respond to TIME’s request for comment on this story.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy