Looks like Santa got stuck in traffic trying to do his job this holiday season.
The BBC reported Tuesday that an inflatable Santa Claus got loose and floated onto Cromwell Road in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire in the U.K.
One of the people caught in this festive holiday traffic was taxi driver and a father-of-three from Peterborough, Muhammad Fareed. He managed to get footage of St. Nick bouncing around other drivers.
“It was massive, bigger than my seven-seater car,” Fareed said, “It was one of the more unusual reasons to be stuck in traffic.”
Fareed said that the runaway Christmas inflatable came loose from a house’s front yard on Cromwell Road.
“I saw it wobble and then come down on to the road – it did raise a smile,” Fareed said.
By the time he got close enough to the Santa Claus, two men were already trying to drag it off the road back to where it belonged.
Even the AA made sure to alert people in the area about the unusual sight that was causing the unusual traffic by saying the road was “partially blocked – and slow traffic due to a large inflatable Santa on B198 Cromwell Road both ways in Wisbech”.
Though the road is now clear, people couldn’t help but laugh out loud at the situation on Twitter.
The Santa even provided comedic relief to the current political situation in the U.K.
Runaway inflatable Santa Claus puts a whole new meaning on Bad Santa.
Seems like Wisbech is now a popular destination after Santa and the Duchess of Cornwall came to visit.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022