The world’s smallest super hero was spotted Tuesday at the San Francisco Giants’ home opener and threw the first pitch. The 5-year old kindergarten student, whose real name is Miles Scott, is in remission from leukemia. He captured the country’s imagination last year when San Francisco and the Make-A-Wish Foundation threw him a daylong adventure, where he got the chance to live out his super hero dreams.
Fans cheered as he ascended the mound and threw the ball to Giants’ pitcher Matt Cain.
Watch the heartwarming event unfold below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com