In a now-viral Facebook video posted by her mother Krystel Hwang, 2-year-old Maya is seen running around a playground in Manila’s Parañaque City, attired in a floral dress while seemingly carrying her own head on a platter.
In an interview with Coconuts Manila, Hwang said that she made the costume herself, along with input from her kids, and that it was constructed out of “materials you can find at home.” While little Maya’s creepy costume might have scared a few observers, Hwang said that because she involves her daughters in creating the costumes, there’s no fear in their household.
“They’re not scared because we made the costume together and my kids have watched Halloween makeup tutorials on YouTube and so they know it’s fake and it’s all makeup,” she said.
See Maya strut her stuff in her scene-stealing costume below.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World