In a now-viral Facebook video posted by her mother Krystel Hwang, 2-year-old Maya is seen running around a playground in Manila’s Parañaque City, attired in a floral dress while seemingly carrying her own head on a platter.
In an interview with Coconuts Manila, Hwang said that she made the costume herself, along with input from her kids, and that it was constructed out of “materials you can find at home.” While little Maya’s creepy costume might have scared a few observers, Hwang said that because she involves her daughters in creating the costumes, there’s no fear in their household.
“They’re not scared because we made the costume together and my kids have watched Halloween makeup tutorials on YouTube and so they know it’s fake and it’s all makeup,” she said.
See Maya strut her stuff in her scene-stealing costume below.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022