In a now-viral Facebook video posted by her mother Krystel Hwang, 2-year-old Maya is seen running around a playground in Manila’s Parañaque City, attired in a floral dress while seemingly carrying her own head on a platter.
In an interview with Coconuts Manila, Hwang said that she made the costume herself, along with input from her kids, and that it was constructed out of “materials you can find at home.” While little Maya’s creepy costume might have scared a few observers, Hwang said that because she involves her daughters in creating the costumes, there’s no fear in their household.
“They’re not scared because we made the costume together and my kids have watched Halloween makeup tutorials on YouTube and so they know it’s fake and it’s all makeup,” she said.
See Maya strut her stuff in her scene-stealing costume below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving