Makayla Rose Martinez, a freshman at York College of Nebraska, has set the stakes pretty high with her scary bodysuit costume prank. “Best $40 I ever spent,” she captioned the compilation video, which showed Martinez scaring various students. Be warned: the costume is certainly not for the faint of heart.
Martinez is seen scaring different students while wearing the skeletal bodysuit — mostly by doing nothing but appearing in the costume, but other times by fully playing the character of this spooky skeleton, moving with an often-hysterical gait.
The college student tells TIME she ordered the costume after she saw another viral video of it online. “Once [I ordered the costume] I wasn’t even planning on making a video, but the footage my friend captured was too funny to not post,” Martinez says.
Her video of the prank soon became an internet sensation, naturally, garnering more than 175,000 likes and over 60,000 retweets.
Martinez tweeted that she purchased the bodysuit online from The Spirit Store. So, if you, too, want to scare your peers this Halloween season, you’re in luck.
Here are some of the best responses to Martinez’s prank from Halloween lovers far and wide.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List