If you don’t want to be distracted today, steer clear of Google.
Tuesday’s Google Doodle celebrates Halloween with a multiplayer interactive game — the first in Google Doodle history.
Players can invite up to seven friends to join them in The Great Ghoul Duel, in which two teams of four compete to collect as many “wandering spirit flames” as possible in two minute bursts of spooky fun. Or you can just team up with random strangers.
To enable multiplayer gaming, the Google Doodle team used systems running on the Google Platform, including Open Match — an open source framework for matching up sets of players around the world.
Google users are finding the game pretty addictive:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve