Ariana Grande is taking a break from the Internet following a year that included the untimely death of ex-boyfriend Mac Miller and most recently, the end of her engagement to Saturday Night Live star fiancé Pete Davidson.
Following the taping of NBC’s A Very Wicked Halloween, Grande wrote in a now-deleted Instagram story on Tuesday about why she is choosing to take a hiatus from being online.
“Ok today was v special and i’m so grateful i was able to be there,” Grande wrote. “Time to say bye bye again to the internet for just a lil bit. It’s hard not to bump news n stuff that I’m not trying to see rn. It’s very sad and we’re all tryin very hard to keep going. love u. and thank u for bein here always.”
The singer had recently written about experiencing anxiety in a former Instagram stories post; both posts follow the news that Grande and Davidson had called off their engagement after four months together as a couple.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now