“We’re both absolutely delighted to be here, and really impressed to see you serving beer and tea at an afternoon in true Aussie style,” Harry said, drawing warm laughs with his remarks at a reception at the Admiralty House in Sydney Monday. “But genuinely, thank you for the incredibly warm welcome and the chance to meet so many Aussies from all walks of life. And, we also genuinely couldn’t think of a better place to announce, uh…the, uh…the upcoming baby. Boy or girl. So thank you very, very much.”
Hearing the Duke of Sussex navigate how to talk about the pregnancy in the spotlight on the fly was – this may not surprise – instantly endearing to royal fans watching online.
The Duchess of Sussex will give birth to her first child in Spring 2019. Kensington Palace announced the news Monday, sharing that the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince William and Kate Middleton are “delighted for the couple.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart