In the waning days of summer in Paris, Kylian Mbappé sits high above a stadium, trying to find the words to describe how drastic a turn his life has taken this past year. His breathtaking soccer skills have propelled him to global fame in a matter of months. He earns more money than he could ever have imagined. Nike is designing pricey sneakers in his name. LeBron James wants to see him when he comes to town later that week. And when he steps out on the street, people beg him for autographs.
Then there’s the fact that he’s still just 19 years old, making all this vastly more complicated.
To read the full story, click here
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow