The former first daughter wore a bracelet that had belonged to her grandmother, who died in April at the age of 92, for the ceremony at the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine. “It’s really sweet. The ‘something borrowed’ that I’m wearing is this bracelet that my grandfather gave to my grandmother on their 70th anniversary,” Barbara told PEOPLE.
The ceremony was a secret and intimate affair that was attended by only 20 family members, including Barbara’s father and mother, former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush, Barbara’s grandfather, former President George H.W. Bush, and Barbara’s twin sister, Jenna Bush Hager.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time