Following the Senate’s review of the FBI report on the sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Sen. Lindsey Graham snapped back at a protester while speaking to the media about the investigation.
Footage of the exchange on Thursday shows a woman standing behind Graham attempt to confront him about Kavanaugh not taking a polygraph test before Graham turns his head to address her. “You’ve humiliated this guy enough and there seems to be no bottom for some of you,” he says. “Why don’t we dunk him in water and see if he floats.”
Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley said the report—which is only available in hard copy and is being held inside a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility in the Capitol—found “no hint of misconduct.”
However, some Democratic Senators were quick to dispute Grassley’s assessment, with Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the judiciary committee, stating that she believed the report was “the product of an incomplete investigation.”
The Senate is set to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination on Friday.
Watch the full Lindsey Graham clip below. You can read the latest news on the investigation into allegations of sexual assault against Kavanaugh here.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart