The Veronica Mars and Good Place actress famously voiced the invisible narrator of the hit CW show during its six season run up through 2012, bringing to life the salacious rumors and questionable tidbits that kept Manhattan’s Upper East Siders — mostly the characters of Blake Lively and Leighton Meester — busy investigating.
It’s been a few years since Gossip Girl ended, of course, but Bell’s signature “XOXO” voice remains just as memorable as ever. So on her appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers on Wednesday night, she gave some Trump tweets the glossy Gossip Girl treatment for kicks, turning the dry Twitter jabs into eyebrow-raising statements thanks to her voice acting.
While this may be the last time for a while that we hear from Bell as her Gossip Girl character, there is a different reboot in the works for her: the early 2000s show Veronica Mars just announced it’s making a comeback, once again starring Bell as the titular investigator on the cult favorite hit. It originally ran for three seasons, but will making its return on Hulu in 2019.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now