Christine Blasey Ford has requested that the FBI investigate the allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her 35 years ago before she testifies to a Senate Judiciary Committee. In a letter sent to the panel Tuesday, Ford’s lawyers said she has become the target of “vicious threats and harassment” since coming forward with the allegation, and expressed concern that some Senators on the panel seem to have “made up their minds” about her. The lawyers requested a full investigation by law enforcement officials to ensure a non-partisan approach to any future hearings.
Here is the full letter Ford’s lawyers sent to committee chairman Sen. Chuck Grassley:
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart