The wizarding world author took to Twitter on Tuesday to respond to speculation that she had Viktor Krum pronounce Hermione wrong in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in order to stealthily teach readers the correct way to say her name.
“Theory: @jk_rowling included that passage on how to pronounce Hermione’s name in Goblet of Fire just to school all of us who were saying HER-MY-OWN like Viktor Krum,” wrote Twitter user Atulaa.
Here’s the original quote:
“Theory correct,” Rowling tweeted back after a day of suspense, settling the matter for her 14 million followers once and for all.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science