The wizarding world author took to Twitter on Tuesday to respond to speculation that she had Viktor Krum pronounce Hermione wrong in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in order to stealthily teach readers the correct way to say her name.
“Theory: @jk_rowling included that passage on how to pronounce Hermione’s name in Goblet of Fire just to school all of us who were saying HER-MY-OWN like Viktor Krum,” wrote Twitter user Atulaa.
Here’s the original quote:
“Theory correct,” Rowling tweeted back after a day of suspense, settling the matter for her 14 million followers once and for all.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears