The wizarding world author took to Twitter on Tuesday to respond to speculation that she had Viktor Krum pronounce Hermione wrong in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in order to stealthily teach readers the correct way to say her name.
“Theory: @jk_rowling included that passage on how to pronounce Hermione’s name in Goblet of Fire just to school all of us who were saying HER-MY-OWN like Viktor Krum,” wrote Twitter user Atulaa.
Here’s the original quote:
“Theory correct,” Rowling tweeted back after a day of suspense, settling the matter for her 14 million followers once and for all.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com