The wizarding world author took to Twitter on Tuesday to respond to speculation that she had Viktor Krum pronounce Hermione wrong in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in order to stealthily teach readers the correct way to say her name.
“Theory: @jk_rowling included that passage on how to pronounce Hermione’s name in Goblet of Fire just to school all of us who were saying HER-MY-OWN like Viktor Krum,” wrote Twitter user Atulaa.
Here’s the original quote:
“Theory correct,” Rowling tweeted back after a day of suspense, settling the matter for her 14 million followers once and for all.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World