The New York Giants lost miserably to the Dallas Cowboys, 20-13, on Sunday in Arlington, Texas, an event that provided ample opportunity to see the distressed and pained facial reactions of Giants quarterback Eli Manning as he was sacked multiple times during the game.
Manning, whose emotive faces have captured the whimsy of the Internet before, seemed to be fairly stressed after getting hit hard during the game, something that football fans on social media quickly capitalized on to make the season’s most relatable meme, appropriately dubbed “Eli Manning face.”
For anyone who’s had things go awry, Manning’s face feels like a perfect representation of what it feels like to be simultaneously horrified and disappointed, as the tweets below demonstrate.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve