While talking to show guest Funk Flex, Minaj said that the altercation was “mortifying and humiliating,” especially given the setting and the “upper echelon people” at the event.
Following the incident, Cardi took to Instagram where she released a statement that emphasized that her issue was with the questioning of her skills as a parent to her new baby, Kulture, noting that when it concerned her daughter, “all bets are f-ckin’ off!”
Minaj weighed in on the incident on a session of Queen Radio on late Monday afternoon.
“I would never ridicule anyone’s child. [It’s] so sad for someone to pin that on somebody,” Minaj said. “I would never talk about anyone’s child or parenting…these lies are ridiculous.”
Minaj later doubled down on her statements by echoing a sentiment from her song “Chun-Li,” that she feels that people often frame her as the “bad guy.”
“It’s crazy for me that people always need to make Onika the bad guy,” she said. “I was wearing a Gaultier gown off the mother f—in’ runway and I could not believe how humiliating it all felt.”
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time