After seven seasons of Game of Thrones, Kit Harington is pretty much universally recognized as the one and only Jon Snow. But it turns out the King in the North has always dreamed of playing another beloved literary character.
While promoting his new movie The Death and Life of John F. Donovan at the Toronto International Film Festival, Harington told Entertainment Weekly that he has long aspired to take on the role of Harry Potter. “I always wanted to be in a Potter movie,” he said. “I always wanted to be Harry Potter.”
At this point, the 31-year-old Harington is too old to portray the Boy Who Lived during his Hogwarts years. But there’s no reason he couldn’t pass as adult Harry in The Cursed Child play.
However, he may have to put this particular dream on hold until the Thrones team finally allows him to shave off Jon’s signature facial hair. “We just finished filming. You can’t tell because I look exactly the same,” he said before joking, “They own me; they’ve just kept me like this.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World