Apple on Thursday sent out invitations for a Sept. 12 event in Cupertino, Calif., during which the company will likely show off new iPhone models and possibly other gadgets.
In typical Apple form, the company included a cryptic note with the invitation: “Gather round,” along with a copper-hued discus that resembles the company’s new Apple Park campus, nicknamed “the spaceship.” However, it could also be an allusion to some new hardware product — the company has certainly dabbled in spherical design, as seen in the HomePod speaker and 2013’s R2-D2-esque Mac Pro.
While nothing will be official until the day of the event, Apple is rumored to be introducing three new iPhone models, including two with OLED screens and a cheaper device with an LCD display. The company could also drop a new Apple Watch model, the wireless-charging AirPower mat, and other new hardware.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org