While presenting alongside fellow comedian Kevin Hart on Sunday, Haddish called out Fifth Harmony to highlight the success of Camila Cabello—who left the group in 2016 to embark on a solo career. “She’s nominated for five VMAs tonight. Five of them. I’m super proud of her,” Haddish said. “So those of you watching at home…Hi Fifth Harmony!”
Jauregui then took to Twitter on Tuesday to send a message about empowering all women.
“Waiting for the day when supporting one successful dope woman does not mean insult to other successful dope women,” she wrote. “There is energy and space for us all to beautifully coexist and bless the world with our individual truths, stories and talents.”
Nicki Minaj also came to the defense of Normani Kordei when she took the stage to accept the Best Hip-Hop Award later in the show. “Tiff, don’t be coming for Fifth Harmony, because Normani is that b—h,” she said.
“I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you,” Normani tweeted in response. “You perfect queen you! Thank you for lifting me up. God is real. Now y’all know I love me some Nickiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Congratulations on tonight!!! Proud of you always.”
Watch the full VMAs clip below.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror