Whether you’re a baby boomer or a millennial, MTV’s 2018 Video Music Awards seems to have something for everyone. Steven Tyler and Tiffany Haddish becoming BFFs over the course of the evening definitely fits the bill.
Steven Tyler, the 70-year-old star lead singer of Aerosmith, is one of the surprise stars of the awards show—and actor-comedian Tiffany Haddish is one of the most-anticipated VMA performers this evening. Haddish’s real performance tonight was her dancing with Tyler in the audience, rather than her comedic opening with Kevin Hart.
For just a moment, MTV showed this to its fans—something nobody knew they needed:
Of course, this unlikely and iconic duo has already sparked immense speculation and a bit of shipping on Twitter, with users wondering what Steven Tyler whispered into the ear of Girls Trip star Tiffany Haddish.
Keep watching the 2018 MTV VMAs to hopefully find more moments as pure as this one.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating