Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson dodged paparazzi before the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards when they ran across the pink carpet away Monday night.
The couple, whose whirlwind romance and swift engagement has been the talk of the summer, held hands and dashed dashed across the VMAs red carpet, eliciting yells from photographers before the awards ceremony.
The pop megastar will perform at the VMAs just days after releasing a new album, “Sweetener.” She and Davidson, a Saturday Night Live cast member, made their red carpet debut at the VMAs, gazing adoringly at each other before making a run for it.
They looked pretty thrilled to get away from the action.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com