Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson dodged paparazzi before the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards when they ran across the pink carpet away Monday night.
The couple, whose whirlwind romance and swift engagement has been the talk of the summer, held hands and dashed dashed across the VMAs red carpet, eliciting yells from photographers before the awards ceremony.
The pop megastar will perform at the VMAs just days after releasing a new album, “Sweetener.” She and Davidson, a Saturday Night Live cast member, made their red carpet debut at the VMAs, gazing adoringly at each other before making a run for it.
They looked pretty thrilled to get away from the action.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving