Warning: Spoilers ahead.
While most viewers of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before were swooning over the final kissing scene of Netflix’s latest rom-com, the movie has a clue hidden in the credits that hints at an upcoming sequel.
The film, a teenage dream of a rom-com based on the Jenny Han YA novel of the same name, stars Lara Condor as Lara Jean Covey, a bookish romantic who writes secret letters to five of her crushes with no intention of sending them out. Things get turned upside down, however, when the letters are mysteriously sent to the boys — which results in a tricky love triangle, a fake relationship, and ultimately, Lara Jean finding love for the first time.
While the ending is a makeout scene to top all your standard rom-com fare, those who have read the rest of Han’s books about Lara Jean know that the story doesn’t end there. Those who watch through the credits will see a brief scene where yet another boy who’s received one of the letters has shown up with flowers in hand to woo Lara Jean. While it’s still unconfirmed whether or not the movie will receive a sequel, this brief clip has given fans much hope for more romance for Lara Jean.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time