During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, fellow TV host Stephen Colbert was subjected to the hot seat to answer some of Cohen’s burning questions — helped out by a cartoon bear. Cohen got right into the serious stuff, getting Colbert to address his controversial decision to bring out former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer during the Emmys in September 2017 when Colbert was a host for the awards show.
“Be honest. Do you regret bringing Sean Spicer out for a surprise cameo when you hosted the Emmys?” the “Shady Col-Bear” asked Colbert.
But Colbert had an immediate response. “Not at all. I had no fear that it would redeem him,” he insisted.
“I knew there would be some people who wouldn’t like it,” Colbert explained. “The funny thing was that right before I brought him out, I looked around the room and I thought to myself, there’s not one joke I’ve told tonight to this room full of liberals that was a risk, other than the one I’m about to do, and it was the joke I most wanted to do.”
This year’s Emmys, which will take place on Sept. 17 in Los Angeles, are being hosted by Saturday Night Live actors Colin Jost and Michael Che.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy