Life appeared to imitate art at the Los Angeles premiere of Crazy Rich Asians where the red carpet at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood was a veritable showcase of opulence and high fashion.
The cast, including stars Constance Wu, Henry Golding, Awkwafina, and Michelle Yeoh, turned up the glamour for big night in sartorial splendor on Tuesday night that would make their on-screen counterparts proud.
Wu, who plays Rachel Chu, the film’s heroine, arrived to the premiere clad in a sparkling, embellished silver Ralph & Russo couture gown with an off-the-shoulder neckline and fringed sleeves. She paired the look with hand-crafted custom Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.
Not to be outdone was her co-star and on-screen love interest, Henry Golding, who sported a pale blue Tom Ford suit jacket, with a white shirt, black pants, and a black bow tie.
Iconic actress Michelle Yeoh stunned in a aubergine and black tiered Armani Privé gown.
Meanwhile, Awkwafina took an Old Hollywood approach to red carpet fashion by wearing a dusty pink Reem Acra ballgown. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, the comedian relayed how far she’s come: “Check it out, I used to shop at Claire’s at the Queens Center Mall, bro, but then I’ve got a Reem Acra dress and Giuseppe shoes.”
Gemma Chan stole the show on the red carpet with a sequined Oscar de la Renta sheath dress.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement