Jennifer Lopez will receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards. The coveted award, which acknowledges an artist’s contributions to the world of music videos, has honored entertainers like Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kanye West, and Britney Spears in the past.
J. Lo, whose song “Dinero,” is nominated for both the “Best Collaboration” and “Best Latin Video” awards, will be performing at the live show for the first time in over a decade (her last performance was in 2001). This year’s show will take place on Monday, August 20th at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
See MTV’s announcement about the award below.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time