Jennifer Lopez will receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards. The coveted award, which acknowledges an artist’s contributions to the world of music videos, has honored entertainers like Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kanye West, and Britney Spears in the past.
J. Lo, whose song “Dinero,” is nominated for both the “Best Collaboration” and “Best Latin Video” awards, will be performing at the live show for the first time in over a decade (her last performance was in 2001). This year’s show will take place on Monday, August 20th at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
See MTV’s announcement about the award below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction