The debacle began when a Scottish ice cream parlor debuted the condiment-flavored sweet treat on their Instagram along with the caption, “Who knows a mayo addict?” According to a Today interview with Kyle Gentleman, the owner of the Falkirk, Scotland -based ice cream parlor ICE that came up with the idea for this mayonnaise flavor, the ice cream is a “full on hit of fat and cream followed with an eggy milky aftertaste.”
As might be expected, the Internet had many strong feelings about this mayonnaise-flavored offering and took to social media to share them.
However, this may have been the most memorable Twitter response to the controversy.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time