The debacle began when a Scottish ice cream parlor debuted the condiment-flavored sweet treat on their Instagram along with the caption, “Who knows a mayo addict?” According to a Today interview with Kyle Gentleman, the owner of the Falkirk, Scotland -based ice cream parlor ICE that came up with the idea for this mayonnaise flavor, the ice cream is a “full on hit of fat and cream followed with an eggy milky aftertaste.”
As might be expected, the Internet had many strong feelings about this mayonnaise-flavored offering and took to social media to share them.
However, this may have been the most memorable Twitter response to the controversy.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List