If you ever find yourself wondering how Jon Stewart has been filling the hours since he left The Daily Show (when he’s not crashing Stephen Colbert’s show), Jimmy Kimmel figured it out. On Thursday, Kimmel Live took to the Hollywood Walk of Fame to ask some of the superheroes who work there for Comic-Con cosplay tips. He spoke to a Superman and Spider-man about how to prevent chaping, but when he interviewed The Incredible Hulk he got a big surprise.
Turns out that Stewart has been spending his days dressed as Bruce Banner’s alter-ego, snapping photos with tourists seeking souvenirs during their Hollywood vacations. The former talk show host informed Kimmel that he had been working as a street performer in Hollywood since leaving the Comedy Central show. Stewart isn’t doing it for the money, though, because when asked if he was making good money in tips, Stewart admitted it wasn’t a great way to earn cash. He doesn’t care, though, because he is doing it for the kids and “the sparkle in the little boy’s eye when he hears the sound of the Hulk flying in the Hulkocopter.” When Kimmel balks that there’s no such thing as a Hulk-o-copter, Stewart warns that he is getting mad and Kimmel wouldn’t like that.
Stewart may be rocking his green six-pack abs, but he doesn’t let his new super powers or the title of “Incredible” go to his head. “I wouldn’t say incredible, but adequate,” says Stewart in the clip. “I play an adequate Hulk.”
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body