During an appearance on a special Breaking Bad 10-year anniversary episode of Conan filmed at San Diego Comic-Con on Wednesday, Gilligan revealed that his pitch to take out the breakfast-loving Walt Jr. was not well received.
“Early on, I pitched to my writers, I had this idea where Walter Jr. gets killed by this nasty guy that Walt is somehow in business with,” he explained. “And all my writers looked at me like I had completely lost my mind and was the most horrible person to ever live.”
Gilligan was joined by cast members Bryan Cranston (Walter White), Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman), Anna Gunn (Skyler White), Dean Norris (Hank Schrader), Betsy Brandt (Marie Schrader), R.J. Mitte (Walt Jr.), Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring), Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) and Jonathan Banks (Mike Ehrmantraut), who all had their own memories to share from their time on the award-winning drama.
Watch the full clip here.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time