After praising the Queen’s leadership in an interview with The Sun that was published on Friday, the president and First Lady Melania Trump sat down with Her Royal Majesty over tea at Windsor Castle.
“She is a tremendous woman,” Trump told the newspaper. “I really look forward to meeting her. I think she represents her country so well. If you think of it, for so many years she has represented her country, she has really never made a mistake. You don’t see, like, anything embarrassing. She is just an incredible woman.”
With the exception of President Lyndon Johnson, the Queen has met with every sitting U.S. president since she ascended the throne in 1952.
This is Trump’s first official visit to the U.K. since he was sworn into office in January 2017.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate