A big day for British soccer (or football) fans when their team is competing in the semifinals of the 2018 World Cup against Croatia.
But already emotions are running very high amongst English soccer supporters. When player Kieran Trippier scored an early goal against Croatia in the first quarter, in fact, crowds of England fans erupted in raucous joy. Take this gathering in London’s Hyde Park, where thousands came together to watch the game on large public outdoor screens. As soon as the ball hit the net, footage of the crowd shows the ensuing celebration — including a veritable fog of beer spritzing everyone as fans splashed their beverages in the air in unfettered jubilation.
“England fans in Hyde Park waste about $10,000 in beer on team’s first goal against Croatia,” suggested one sports reporter while tweeting out the clip.
With the game’s score tied as of this story’s publish, chances are high there will only be more beer spilled as English — and Croatian — fans continue to root avidly for their country’s success on the World Cup stage.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time