Eric Ripert called Anthony Bourdin his “best friend” in a heartfelt post about his longtime TV companion Friday.
Ripert, the co-owner and executive chef of Le Bernardin in New York City, found Bourdain dead in his hotel room in France just hours earlier, CNN reported.
Authorities said the beloved chef, author and TV presenter committed suicide. He was 61.
Ripert was in France to film an episode of Bourdain’s CNN show Parts Unknown.
“Anthony was my best friend. An exceptional human being, so inspiring & generous. One of the great storytellers who connected w so many. I pray he is at peace from the bottom of my heart. My love & prayers are also w his family, friends and loved ones.” Ripert wrote.
Ripert met Bourdain more than 20 years ago while they were working in New York City restaurants.
The two collaborated frequently on screen, with Ripert usually playing the “straight man” – whom Bourdain gleefully tormented with spicy food and wild adventures.
Italian actress Asia Argento, who had been dating Bourdain since last year, released a statement earlier Friday, calling Bourdain, “my love, my rock, my protector.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement