When Twitter user Matt Burke tweeted out a message to Rowling thanking her for writing the books that have helped him connect with his daughter, he apparently didn’t think he would get a reply from the famous author.
“I’m a single parent, broke as can be, and reading the Harry Potter series together has become one of the biggest sources of bonding for us,” he tweeted, including a link to his Medium story on the topic. “Doubt you’ll come across this or read this piece, but I just wanted to say thanks for the assist.”
However, Rowling responded by not only reaching out to Burke, but giving him and his daughter the Harry Potter surprise of a lifetime. “The gifts you’re giving your daughter are priceless and I’m truly honoured that Harry & co are playing a part,” she wrote. “DM me your address for a set of signed Potters.”
Wizarding world dreams do come true.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy