When Twitter user Matt Burke tweeted out a message to Rowling thanking her for writing the books that have helped him connect with his daughter, he apparently didn’t think he would get a reply from the famous author.
“I’m a single parent, broke as can be, and reading the Harry Potter series together has become one of the biggest sources of bonding for us,” he tweeted, including a link to his Medium story on the topic. “Doubt you’ll come across this or read this piece, but I just wanted to say thanks for the assist.”
However, Rowling responded by not only reaching out to Burke, but giving him and his daughter the Harry Potter surprise of a lifetime. “The gifts you’re giving your daughter are priceless and I’m truly honoured that Harry & co are playing a part,” she wrote. “DM me your address for a set of signed Potters.”
Wizarding world dreams do come true.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future