However, thanks to a parody news story from satirical website Clickhole, that’s all changed. After Clickhole tweeted out a link to an article with the headline, “More Bad Press For Elon: The Car Elon Musk Launched Into Orbit Has Fallen Back Down To Earth And Crushed Malala Yousafzai,” on Wednesday, Musk took to Twitter to joke about his imagined blunder.
“Hell of a week,” Musk tweeted in response to the piece.
But it was when Yousafzai herself chimed in that the fun really began. “Hello from the other side,” she tweeted, prompting a greeting featuring a ghost emoji from the Tesla creator.
Shortly afterwards, Twitter began losing it over the interaction. “I can’t stop laughing, it’s 11pm, my husband and kids think I’ve finally lost it,” wrote one delighted user.
See some more reactions below.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future